Lost: La Sportiva g2 evo on Mt Elbert NE ridge

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
gcollinge
14ers: List not added

Lost: La Sportiva g2 evo on Mt Elbert NE ridge

Post by gcollinge »

Broke in a new pair of boots only to lose one on the way down. So sad!

I will pay $200 if it is recovered in good shape before I need to replace it Mid April or so.

Bright yellow and black. Size 47.

I believe it fell out near the tree line on the NE ridge route. It was lost on Sunday, March 13 2022.

Please contact me if you find it. 608.572.9281

By the way, that is an awesome winter route! Definitely worth a go! What could be better? Bag the peak, find my boot, and get paid! :)
d_baker
14ers: 58 15
13ers: 313 9
Trip Reports (58)

Re: Lost: La Sportiva g2 evo on Mt Elbert NE ridge

Post by d_baker »

How do you break in a new boot, AND lose it?
Maybe you were breaking in your foot?

Also, for a ~$900 boot, you don't want to go back and look for yourself?! When did you notice it was gone?
LetsGoMets
14ers: 58 5
13ers: 120 6
Trip Reports (1)

Post by LetsGoMets »

This post is confusing.
Instagram: @bsodaro86
gcollinge
14ers: List not added

Post by gcollinge »

Responding to d_baker and LetsGoMets. I imagine the confusing thing is why weren’t the boots on my feet? Reason is because I skinned up and switched to mountaineering boots where the snow gets sparse above tree line. When I returned to the tree line and snow, I switched back to AT boots to ski down, and lost the mountaineering boot while skiing down. I realized the boot was missing when I arrived at the trailhead. I skinned back up as far as I could before dark and did not find it. But couldn’t make it up to where I likely lost the boot near tree line. I would go back and find it myself, however I don’t live in Colorado. So it isn’t feasible to return to find it. I realize it’s a long shot for someone to find it and return it to me before the weather destroys it, but will certainly be very grateful if the boot finds its way back to me, and will pay $200 for the boot in good condition.

Thanks for your review and consideration.

Take Care,
Graham
Monster5
14ers: 58 31
13ers: 285 52
Trip Reports (27)

Post by Monster5 »

Apparently the boot was dropped off at Leadville outdoors according to Neptune's social media post
"The road to alpine climbing is pocked and poorly marked, ending at an unexpectedly closed gate 5 miles from the trailhead." - MP user Beckerich