Lost wedding ring

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
climb2ski
14ers: 50 46 1
13ers: 27 27

Lost wedding ring

Post by climb2ski »

Gold wedding ring lost maybe near Mount Sherman TH
nyker
14ers: 58
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (69)

Re: Lost wedding ring

Post by nyker »

try renting/buying a metal detector and go scan the area before the next weekend when 1000 people will be there...
greenonion
14ers: 45 1
13ers: 2

Post by greenonion »

nyker wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:10 pm try renting/buying a metal detector and go scan the area before the next weekend when 1000 people will be there...
Wife: “what’s the new metal detector for, honey?”

Hubby in future dog house: “nothing, dear.”
BColo
14ers: 18 2
13ers: 4

Post by BColo »

Hoping you find it. I would add though, the area has a lot of iron mining remnants. Best to try to use a detector that specializes in locating gold (assuming that is the ring metal).
Ned Endler
myfeetrock
14ers: 37 1
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Post by myfeetrock »

I lost my wedding ring in the snow, in April of 2006. In no other place than Buford, Colorado. I lived in Texas at the time. We came back out in August, and camped at South Fork campground. On the way in I stopped the first person I saw, and proceeded to tell the guy about my misfortune. Before I could finish, he cut me off to tell me he had my ring. Random guy on a 4 wheeler, with a dog on the back. True story. I got my ring back. That was the coolest day ever.
ClimbingFool
14ers: 53
13ers: 5

Post by ClimbingFool »

I was playing with the kids at Great Sand dunes when a distraught couple said they lost their ring in the sand! 15 minutes of careful searching later, and they were reunited.
HikerGuy
14ers: 58
13ers: 288 8
Trip Reports (7)

Post by HikerGuy »

I hope someone finds your ring! I lost mine on the Lake City side of Engineer Pass. I was brushing some snow off of gear in the back of the truck and I flicked my hand to dry it. The ring slipped off my finger, I heard two dings on the rocks and it was gone.