Lost Skins on Mt. Elbert-East Ridge

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
shabo
14ers: 1 1

Lost Skins on Mt. Elbert-East Ridge

Post by shabo »

Lost my skins coming down from the East Ridge of Mt. Elbert (06/02/22). Didn’t realize they were missing until I was a mile from the car. Back tracked for a mile and a half and then called it. I would guess they are some where along the trail above tree line. Would love to get them back!
thebeave7
14ers: 58
13ers: 124
Trip Reports (25)

Re: Lost Skins on Mt. Elbert-East Ridge

Post by thebeave7 »

Might go up tomorrow depending on the amount of potential post holing. Was looking to hike/run. What were trail conditions like above treeline?

Eric
Me fail English? That's unpossible. http://www.ericjlee.com/Blogs
shabo
14ers: 1 1

Post by shabo »

thebeave7 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:18 am Might go up tomorrow depending on the amount of potential post holing. Was looking to hike/run. What were trail conditions like above treeline?

Eric
Snow was pretty sparse along the trail until about 13k. Snow remained pretty firm until around 9-10 o’clock. If your going to go for the summit you can jump between rock gardens fairly easily and avoid the snow almost entirely. Even with 25+ pound packs on the post holing was minimal on the way down.
Michigan
14ers: List not added

Post by Michigan »

Lucky day for you, shabo; I picked-up those skins this morning \:D/

PM about arrangements for return.