Found: Fujifilm camera, Baldy Chato willows

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
tortilla
14ers: 58
13ers: 48

Found: Fujifilm camera, Baldy Chato willows

Post by tortilla »

I found a black Fujifilm camera in a sun-faded orange/black/gray lowerpro case in the middle of the willows on Baldy Chato’s north slopes. Camera appears to have suffered minor water damage but the SD card looks fine.

Side note, Roach denotes the north slopes of Baldy Chato to Stewart as a classic. I propose this be upgraded to super classic. The trail through the willows is a highway and the ridge has a consistent, calm breeze.
tortilla
14ers: 58
13ers: 48

Re: Found: Fujifilm camera, Baldy Chato willows

Post by tortilla »

Update: the camera works. The last pictures were taken in 2013. The memory card has many photos. I believe it belonged to an employee of San Juan mountain guides? Based on a close up photo of a company hat. The photos range from badass looking mixed roped climbing, to climbing steep snow, to group pics in front of mountain faces, and then to a bunch of kids sport climbing. This camera appears to hold many memories and I would like to get it back to its owner if possible. I will try reaching out to San Juan Mountain Guides, just wanted to give more specifics here. Cheers
k_fergie
14ers: 58 2
13ers: 74 16 4
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Found: Fujifilm camera, Baldy Chato willows

Post by k_fergie »

That's really cool, I hope it finds its owner!
I thought, I taught, I wrought