FOUND on N. Ridge Kit Carson

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
E_A_Marcus_949
14ers: 58
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (7)

FOUND on N. Ridge Kit Carson

Post by E_A_Marcus_949 »

Found on the North ridge of Kit Carson yesterday (7/9) around 13000-13200: beanie and gloves.

Contact me if you are missing these items, and we can confirm they're yours! They seem nice, and I'd love to get them back to their owner.
Custer County SAR
14ers: List not added

Re: FOUND on N. Ridge Kit Carson

Post by Custer County SAR »

What time did you find them?

Custer County is assisting Saguache County SAR, who is looking for an overdue solo male climber who ascended the North Ridge and summited approximately 16:00hrs. If you believe you saw this individual or these items belong to him, please contact the Saguache County SO at 719-655-2544.
https://www.facebook.com/CusterSAR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Always tell someone where you're going and when you'll be back, even if you aren’t hiking alone.
That person should also know what vehicle you are driving, what trail head you will be parked at and what your intended route is.
E_A_Marcus_949
14ers: 58
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (7)

Re: FOUND on N. Ridge Kit Carson

Post by E_A_Marcus_949 »

It was around 8am on Saturday 7/9. We did not see anyone else on the North Ridge that morning (one person going up outward bound couloir, whom we did see at willow lake that afternoon). We didn’t see / take note of anyone else on that route while we were up there. I am confirming with the other 2 members of my party though.

Edit: if it would be helpful - I am happy to call and talk through anything as I was on that route the same day of the missing hiker, though it seems earlier in the day.