LOST: Camera @ Willow Lake

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
RockiesAdrian
14ers: 58 1
Trip Reports (1)

LOST: Camera @ Willow Lake

Post by RockiesAdrian »

SONY ALPHA 3000 - Willow Creek Trail

This past week, I was dealing with food poisoning that only started after flying in to CO. My wife and I have a tradition of hiking to Willow Lake each year, and we were not to be deterred by such a minor foe as Salmonella.

Actually, it was pretty terrible, and our first attempt was pushed from Wednesday to Thursday as I spent the former vomiting and unable to eat solid food.

Thursday was a little better, and I managed to eat a whole pancake! We made it to the trailhead! But apparently, my head was not screwed on straight, and I believe I left my camera at the large boulder seating area by the meadow at about 10,000'. I took it off to search for some relief of my...symptoms. I was worn out and called the hike, so we turned around. I could have sworn I took the camera with me, but it appears I was not holding it together as well as I had hoped.

We returned Friday and scoured the area on our way to actually attaining the Lake. There was no sign of the camera.

The camera is a Sony a3000. It has been on many adventures with me and has some sentimental value. If you found it and simply took it to protect it from the impending rain, please reach out to me and I will happily offer a reward for its return.
In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
agape
14ers: List not added

Re: LOST: Camera @ Willow Lake

Post by agape »

Fortune smiles on you ;) I met you, your wife and friend on your way down as I, a friend and her young son were heading up. Above the meadow, by the large rock, I found a Sony Alpha 6000 camera in a brown case hanging from a branch on a tree. It was just starting to rain so I put it in my pack. When we returned to Crestone, I posted I found it on some of the local social media pages. Today, I typed "Camera Lost Willow Lake Trail" into Google and saw this post. You can reach me at 719-600-3986 so we can arrange getting your camera back to you. Blessings to you and yours, Michael
RockiesAdrian
14ers: 58 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by RockiesAdrian »

Thanks everyone, it does appear my camera has been located! \:D/
In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Cygnus X1
14ers: 39 1
13ers: 16

Post by Cygnus X1 »

Props to you agape! Unfortunately there are too many people these days that wouldn't have hesitated to keep it.