Dog looking for a loving home

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
CUaaron25
14ers: 58 2 4
13ers: 144 2 4
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Dog looking for a loving home

Post by CUaaron25 »

Shouldn't there be a cute dog photo on this thread somewhere? :-k
hellmanm
14ers: 49
13ers: 37 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by hellmanm »

CUaaron25 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:16 pm Shouldn't there be a cute dog photo on this thread somewhere? :-k
Yes! Agreed. Also y’all should chill a little on the shade — everyone’s entitled to their own view on what it means to adopt an animal (and what level of commitment it requires). Whether you agree w/CaptCO’s pt of view or not, there are undoubtedly others who hold this view. Attack the viewpoint, not the person.

I hope the dog finds a great home, and I applaud OP for doing whatever it takes to find one.
big_red_pride
14ers: 33 1
13ers: 16 1
Trip Reports (6)

Post by big_red_pride »

big_red_pride wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:35 pm Good afternoon fellow hikers!

I have a dog that is in need of a good home. Her name is Piper, she is a mutt. Piper is a medium to large size breed and weighs about 45 lbs. She has red fur and light blue eyes. Piper is about 2 years old and loves being outdoors. She would make a great hiking companion for anyone who loves hiking 14ers or even just local trails.

Piper has a lot of energy. So I would recommend her to a family that has older children. She used to be with my family, but she was rehomed because my 2 year old was afraid of her. She has been trained and knows all the basic commands.

I forgot to mention, Piper is in Colorado Springs.

The current family Piper is with is moving and cannot take her, so they have reached out to me to see if I knew of anyone who would be interested in taking her in.

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules, so I apologize Bill if I am.

Please PM me if you are interested and I can set up a time for you to meet this sweet girl.

Thank you,
Stephen
Reposting to see if anyone is interested in adopting Piper.