Snowshoes lost / taken Mt Bierstadt 13th March

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
rsbeano
14ers: List not added

Snowshoes lost / taken Mt Bierstadt 13th March

Post by rsbeano »

So, perhaps in the delirousness of my first 14er, I stashed my rented snowshoes around 350ft from the top of Mt Bierstadt, just as it turns into boulders, but upon descending 30-40mins later, couldn't find them. There was a decent amount of wind but I made sure to put them in a place unaffected, near a major rock pile marker. We passed a few new faces in that final section, so if anyone sees them and collects them, please sms or call 7207376697

REI would love to have them back haha
matthewgvigil
14ers: List not added

Re: Snowshoes lost / taken Mt Bierstadt 13th March

Post by matthewgvigil »

This is interesting. Just stashed mine at the trailhead today and someone nabbed mine too. Guess there's a Bierstadt snowshoe theif or some misguided person that doesn't understand what stashing is.
XterraRob
14ers: 41 7
13ers: 13 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by XterraRob »

Hide your stash, too many people in the mountains year round in Colorado.
RIP - M56
Re-introduce Grizzly Bears into the Colorado Wilderness™
Been_Jammin
14ers: 58 1 1

Post by Been_Jammin »

Stash snowshoes in your pack instead. Hating aside... people who steal suck.
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58 34
13ers: 120 18
Trip Reports (40)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

Been_Jammin wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:02 am Stash snowshoes in your pack instead. Hating aside... people who steal suck.
I was at a pickleball tournament this weekend and 3 purses were stolen from vehicles and windows smashed.
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point
Been_Jammin
14ers: 58 1 1

Post by Been_Jammin »

too bad no one steals plastic bags of dog pooh stashed on routes
WanderingJim
14ers: 17
Trip Reports (1)

Post by WanderingJim »

Been_Jammin wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:54 am too bad no one steals plastic bags of dog pooh stashed on routes
I once had someone slash my convertible top and grabbed a trash bag that was hanging on the back of a headrest.

The cost and inconvenience were annoying, but I got a chuckle of the thieves opening that bag and finding empty Coke cans and tissues full of snot. :)

Thank goodness I always keep my gold bars well hidden under my seats.
Will_E
14ers: 58 56
13ers: 123 2
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Will_E »

CaptainSuburbia wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:05 am
Been_Jammin wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:02 am Stash snowshoes in your pack instead. Hating aside... people who steal suck.
I was at a pickleball tournament this weekend and 3 purses were stolen from vehicles and windows smashed.
I heard pickleballers are a bunch of lawbreakers!
nyker
14ers: 58
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Theft is getting bad everywhere.

My neighbor had his cashbox on his firewood stand broken into. After all of the effort to detach a galvanized metal box from posts, and risk of getting caught, the thief probably got $10-20. Wtf is wrong with people. Never heard of that sort of thing happening around here before the last year or so. Downstate is another story where if you leave your car parked in the wrong place for 10 minutes it'll be gone or at least stripped down to the frame or if you happen to be still in it probably carjacked.
cheechaco
14ers: 17
13ers: 43

Post by cheechaco »

nyker wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:27 pm Theft is getting bad everywhere.

My neighbor had his cashbox on his firewood stand broken into. After all of the effort to detach a galvanized metal box from posts, and risk of getting caught, the thief probably got $10-20. Wtf is wrong with people. Never heard of that sort of thing happening around here before the last year or so. Downstate is another story where if you leave your car parked in the wrong place for 10 minutes it'll be gone or at least stripped down to the frame or if you happen to be still in it probably carjacked.
Downstate? Are you a yooper?
"Until at last he smote his enemies ruin across the mountainside"