Cordillera Blanca Peru

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Jaymi
14ers: 48 

Re: Cordillera Blanca Peru

Post by Jaymi »

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows a reputable Peruvian guide service for Huascaran Sur.

I love using local guides but quality can vary greatly in South America. Would love to at least have a few specific companies/guide services to consider that folks know by experience or reputation.

Thank you!
Scott P
14ers: 57  16 
13ers: 43  13 
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Jaymi wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:20 pm Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows a reputable Peruvian guide service for Huascaran Sur.

I love using local guides but quality can vary greatly in South America. Would love to at least have a few specific companies/guide services to consider that folks know by experience or reputation.

Thank you!
I was very pleased with Peruvian Mountains. It's also the same guy that was hired by the film crew to film Touching the Void so he has a lot of interesting stories.

https://www.peruvian-mountains.com/

The food was good and surprisingly they quoted us the cheapest price for the route we wanted to take. We even got to make the possible second ascent of a remote mountain. It wasn't planned in advance; we just saw the mountain and ask if we could give it a shot.
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
Jaymi
14ers: 48 

Post by Jaymi »

Thanks Scott! I've sent them an info request. Jay